I know there are a 101 posts online on how to DIY bulletin boards.But right now,i am trying writing different topics to get my “Joojoo” back. For a while I have been spending a lot of time online trying to do some DIY projects and this is one that really turned out like I wanted it to,although it did take some tweaking.
Things I used:
*Note that some of the things in the picture i ended up not using since well,they didnt work out for me in the end.
- Thermocol (Polystyrene) sheet- About 1 in. thick,I believe. I don’t know the exact size since i brought the standard size and it was exactly what i wanted.
- A cloth of suitable color,I used a turquoise polyster material I had left behind from an old dress of mine. Make sure that the cloth is sufficiently larger than the thermocol sheet,atleast 5in. bigger on all sides.
- Lots and lots of straight pins.
- A scale.
- A piece of tailor’s chalk or white oil pastel.
- Satin Ribbons-1in. wide and a smaller one.
- First off, spread the cloth on a flat surface,either a big table or the floor.Then put the thermocol sheet on top and mark off 3inches off each side using the tailor’s chalk or white oil pastel,lik
- Then mark it around all the 4 sides like so:
3.Then using a good pair of scissors,cut out the cloth in the marked dimensions like so:
4.Then put the thermocol sheet on top of the cloth as in the above picture and fold it down tightly over the cloth.
5.I used some pieces of duct tape on the back side to hold the cloth in place,like so:
6.I then folded down the edges and pinned it down using lots of straight pins,like so:
7.Then I took the 1inch wide White Satin ribbon and cut it at a length longer than the length/breadth of the side I was using it for,then I pinned it to the back of the board using more pins,like so:
Once all the four sides were done,it looked somewhat like this:
So,thats my bulletin board!!
I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you want to see more posts of this kind,so let me know!!