I am quite a vain person, but my laziness far outweighs my vanity most of the time. I love looking good, but I loathe the effort I have to put into looking so. I have a 2 step mini skin routine (if you can even call it that) for everyday, but today is not about me. Today is about these ladies that actually put some effort into taking care of their skin day in and day out. These ladies are all very different from each other in skin type, lifestyle, even countries they live in. Some of them are bloggers you may know, others are housewives and students you may not. But they are all that kind of ladies that we wonder about; how can they be so pretty?? So, I have made some of the prettiest women I know, spill their secrets. Since there are so much things to cover, I have split the post in to two. The next post will be up in 2 days.
Here are skin care, routine, must haves of the first 4 ladies! 🙂
- Aparna believes in having beautiful skin inside out! She fills up on water, cucumber and tomato everyday.
- Her morning routine includes using Clean and Clear Morning Burst Face wash and applies L’Oreal Future E Moisturizer.
- She does not wear any base makeup on a daily basis and just wears only color cosmetics on her eyes or lips. Believe it or not, she is only wearing the eyeliner and lipstick in the above photo.
- For night, she washes her face daily and applies Vitamin E Night Cream from The Body Shop.
- Twice a week, she uses the St.Ives Apricot Scrub and massages with almond oil or vitamin E oil before bathing.
- She also uses semolina and milk for cleansing on occasion.
|Aparna’s Skin Care Must haves|
Renji Anooj of Makeupholic World
Renji’s morning routine starts off by using the magnitone lucid and taking Mirenesse Day cleanser (which is switched up with Yves Rocher Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser twice a week)and massages with low speed setting for less than 2 minutes.
- Namitha does not believe in being obsessed about any skin care routine. She believes that if you are too careful about it, then even the smallest imperfections like a miniscule zit can ruin your day.
- She does not use any soap or chemicals on her face at all. She uses chick pea flour (Besan) and water as a cleanser.
- Since it is quite cold where she lives, she has to use some kind of cream and she uses the most basic of Oil of Olay. As she does not like the oily feeling of the cream, a little bit of talc is applied on top.
- When Namitha was faced with acne due to Vitamin D deficiency, the dermatologist recommended heavy medicines for it. She decided to take the matter into her own hands and approached a homeo doctor and started homeopathic treatment. However, the secret weapon that she swears by is Organic Tea Tree Oil. She applied it diligently every night and the acne cleared up with no scarring at all.
- As for any night routine, Nami does not use anything else other than the Tea Tree Oil. Sometimes, she uses Nalpamaradi oil (Ayurvedic) as recommended by an Ayurvedic doctor.
- She does not like spending hours doing things for her skin, when she feels like her skin needs refreshment she uses a honey and lemon face mask, and also green gram powder mixed with water as an exfoliator.
- Being a full time medicine student, she has no time to take care of her skin too much, but she absolutely loves her Body Shop and Bath and Body Works products.
- Every morning, she washes her face with Dove deep moisturizing face wash and applies the Sweet Pea Body Butter and just basic talcum powder.
- When she feels like her skin needs a pick me up, she uses a facial scrub from Deromviva.
- Every night, she makes sure to use either Ayurvedic beauty oil like Kumkumadi oil, or uses Fair & Lovely Night Repair Cream.
- On the weekends, if she feels like her skin requires some pampering, she uses the Indulekha Face Pack.
- Her go to Beauty Parlour is Mia Beautycare, North Paravur (my favorite as well). She likes to do a basic clean and maybe diamond bleach once in a while, she is a firm believer in removing peach fuzz to get that clean look.