“Has the corporation people hired you to be the official sweeper for the hall, with this sweeping long Anarkali?”
“What happened to your eyes, with that black shadow around it, I thought you were feverish or something”
“Wow, you always go for the simple look, huh? Could you not have gone for something with a little more bling no? It’s a wedding after all!”
Being a wedding guest is not that easy when you live in India. You need to be camera confident, but not too over the top. You need to look decent in front of the elders yet can’t let yourself not seem trendy in front of your cousins. Treading the fine line between being too outrageous or too simple is quite a big adventure. And I know none of this intro is necessary for my readers who have gone through all these dilemmas while picking out your “guest look” outfits and makeup.
My makeup look for the night included a sparkly gold smokey eyes, with peacock green eyeliner on the bottom lid and and a pink lipstick.
- The first step of the makeup was to put in my freshlook contact lenses in honey , as i wanted to try out wearing it before the brother’s wedding.
- I decided to skip the usual foundation routine and instead I applied my Bourjois primer and went straight onto my chambor concealer, and touched up any spots that needed coverage and blended it all out with my finger and topped it with L’Oreal infallible compact.
- I applied the Faces blush in a coral shade on my cheeks using an angled brush and i was done wit my face makeup.
- Next up. I moved onto the eyemakeup. I used the Bourjois primer as the eyemakeup primer too, and blended it all over.
- I used a dark gold shade from the KKCenterHK 15 color palette and applied it all over the lid using the Sigma E40 brush.
- Then I used my maybelline hyperglossy liquid liner to line my top lashline and the L’Oreal eyeliner from the Cannes range in a peacock green color to line my bottom lash line. I curled my lashes and applied the Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara generously and this was the finished eyemakeup look
- Finally, I used my favorite colorbar lipstick in Fuschia Fix all over my lips and I was almost done with my makeup!
- The last step was to set my makeup, and for that I used my recently discovered holy grail product, which is the The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, which does an amazing job as a face refresher or a makeup setting spray.