Even though it is just 25°C here, let’s all pretend it’s snowing now. Shall we? Let’s play something like “Baby It’s Cold Outside” and curl up with fuzzy socks on our feets under a blanket, after all- it is December! If you haven’t figured it out already, I love December. Besides the fact that it is my birthday month, I love the wintery holiday mood that comes with it. Enjoying a white Christmas is something that is on my bucket list, but till I get to realize that dream, I will wear fuzzy socks, listen to Christmas songs, maybe light a candle or two and make hot chocolate and curl up in bed.
Talking about hot chocolate, I have been trying to make it properly at home for a few years now, but to no avail. But finally, this year, with the help of my parents, I found a right recipe. If you are wondering what is so hard about making it, let me tell you another little truth about myself. I like making things, but I hate going out to buy stuff for it. Most of my cooking is done with things I have readily available. So whenever I have had to make hot chocolate, I didn’t have corn starch on hand or fresh cream or even coconut cream, like many recipes called for. But finally, I made a recipe with things I had readily at my disposal and I am quite proud to say that it turned out really really well.
Super Rich Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- 1 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of arrow root
- 1 .5 cup of milk
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- Add cocoa powder and sugar to ½ cup of milk and set it on the stove and stir it till the lumps are removed
- Mix the arrow root with a ¼ cup of water and stir till it forms a white lumpless liquid
- Pour the arrow root mixture to the concoction on the stove and stir till it becomes velvety and thick and starts boiling over
- Add the rest of the milk and wait for the whole thing to boil again
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Oh and you are like me and enjoy some Christmas music, try tuning into the YouTube Christmas radio here while you enjoy your hot chocolate if you enjoy feeling extra holiday-y like me.